ABOUT WISE COUNCIL
The Central Oklahoma NAWBO Wise Council groups act as your own personal board of directors. Wise Council can help you tap into the wisdom of other successful women who own and/or manage companies. These small groups of close knit women are advisers, encouragers, and brainstormers. They help identify unique and creative ways to meet your business challenges.
WHY SHOULD I BELONG TO WISE COUNCIL?
It’s easy to feel isolated in a leadership role. The need to connect with other peers is even greater when you own and operate your own business. Instead of going it alone, learn to harness the incredible power of the collective knowledge and experience around you. Wise Council members all have unique skills and perspectives that can benefit others.
There is synergy of energy, commitment, and excitement that participants bring to each Wise Council. Participants raise the bar by challenging each other to create and implement goals, brainstorm ideas, and support each other with total honesty, respect and compassion. Wise Council participants act as catalysts for growth by setting up accountability structures that keep you focused and on track.
CHARACTERISTICS OF WISE COUNCIL PARTICIPANTS
- Member of NAWBO in good standing
- Business owner involved in management & power to make day to day business decisions
- Strong motivation and desire for real progress
- Positive outlook/optimistic
- Likes to have fun and be challenged
- Openness to different perspectives and feedback
- Committed to the Wise Council group and NAWBO
- Wants a supportive team of strategic thinkers that will also provide accountability
- Ready to let their desire to be passionate about their life and work overcome their fear of change
WHAT WILL YOU GET FROM IT?
- Experience, skill and confidence
- Better decision making and problem-solving
- Real progress in your business and personal life
- Increased personal effectiveness
- Improved life/work balance
- A sense of shared endeavor – there are others out there!
- Smarter strategic thinking
- Increased accountability
- Safe and nonjudgmental place to discuss challenges
Wise Council groups are think tanks of individuals from diverse and non-competing industries that allow members to come together in small groups (typically 5-7 people) to share challenges, successes, ideas and information in a confidential environment.
The Wise Council group can be structured many different ways. Typically, they are structured by topic or interests and may be known as coaching groups, study groups, accountability groups or peer groups. Generally groups meet in person once or twice a month. Depending on your groups’ preference, you can also meet via teleconferences or web casts. Each Wise Council group member commits to the council for at least 12 months.